Home >> Statutes >> Back

Click to open printable format in new window.Printable Format
 | Next

12-5247. Same; acquisition of property; sale or lease to developer; relocation assistance. (a) Any governing body which has established a rural housing incentive district as provided in this act may purchase or otherwise acquire real property; however, the property may not be acquired through the exercise of the power of eminent domain. Relocation assistance payments shall be provided by the city or county in accordance with the provisions of K.S.A. 12-1777, and amendments thereto, to any tenants required to be relocated as a result of the acquisition of such property for any project in the district.

(b) Any property acquired by a city or county under this act may be sold or leased to any developer, in accordance with the rural housing incentive plan and under such conditions as shall have been agreed to prior to the adoption of the plan. The city or county and the developer may agree to any additional terms and conditions, but if the developer requests to be released from any obligations agreed to and embodied in the plan, such release shall constitute a substantial change and subject to the requirements provided in subsection (b) of K.S.A. 12-5246.

History: L. 1998, ch. 66, ยง 7; July 1.

 | Next

LCC Policies
Session Laws

Amended & Repealed Statutes

Amended & Repealed Statutes

Amended & Repealed Statutes

Chapter 72 Statute Transfer List

Kansas School Equity & Enhancement Act

Gannon v. State

General Information, Legal Analysis & Research

2016 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2015 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2014 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2013 Amended & Repealed Statutes

Kansas Legislature
Administrative Services
Division of Post Audit
Research Department